-
March 27th, 2001, 12:13 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I get this feeling that people are becoming unable to pick up a phone and ask questions. We ask all the same questions over and over about funding and copyright and music rights.
My mate rang up U2's record company to see if he could use their tracks on his short film. They agreed, no fee.
This mornin I rang up Big Brother Recordings Ltd. Oasis's Record Label to see if I could use two of their tracks on my short film...the guy seemed confident that I could but it would have to go to the board for agreement....Now all i need is the short film shot to put them on!!
Anyone any other stories like this?
Mitch
[email protected] IM me!!
-
March 27th, 2001, 12:35 PM
#2
eddie
Guest
totally.
If I want to use a peice of music the first thing I do is find the bands or managers website. Then send an email explaining what I want. So far (twice) they have forwarded the email to the right person, who has answered.
That way you get a price and a name and an email address.
Then its just a matter of getting the money 
-
April 2nd, 2001, 06:26 AM
#3
Inactive Member
My friend and partner in crime made a short film for Tropfest. He wanted to use a track from the Beastie Boys and asked for permission through their record company. It had been about three weeks without answer and he needed to enter his film in within the next week. Luckily, the Beastie Boys were in town and he got to see them. He asked permission from the band and they said yes as it was only a short film. Thence, restoring my confidence in the achievabilities of many many things.
-
April 2nd, 2001, 08:27 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Of course the complication arises when you start to make money from your productions.
-
April 2nd, 2001, 09:39 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Exactly.
And did you know the that most expensive bit in "Blair Witch Project" was obtaining the rights for when they briefly mention "Gilligan's Island"? - they said on the DVD.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks